Wednesday 15 May 2013

Starting out

Yep. That's right folks I'm going to Disney world!
Starting June 4th I will be moving to Orlando, Florida for a year to work in Epcot in the Canadian Pavilion as a cultural Representative.

I heard about the program through my teacher at Red River College where I took Tourism Management. After applying to the program I had a few steps to go through to get accepted. I planned a date for a phone interview with Kristen the Yummy Jobs Representative and after that I went to Toronto for a face to face interview. I was extremely nervous for this but I was also excited to shop in Toronto! so that helped.

The face to face interview was pretty relaxed and was nothing to stress about. The interviewers just want to see what your like and understand your personality. They asked questions about school and my time spent as an Au Pair. Nothing I couldn't answer!

I found out the next day when I started! I will be working in food and beverage which means I will start outside at the popcorn and beer cart and work my way into the restaurant Le Cellier. So no I will not be a princess. Which really is to bad!

If I was I would choose Rapunzel!

No comments:

Post a Comment